Speeding up Transfers of 1000s of files

Hans Eric Sandström hes at xinit.se
Wed Oct 29 21:58:55 EST 2003

Rsync works in a very linear fashion. Try running multiple rsyncs in paralell
on different directories of course.

One speedup would be to transfer the checksums and data asyncronously. I
havent checked the source on how this is done but I suspect that even this is
done in a very linear way wich explains why data transfers have to wait for
checksum calculation, transfer and compare.

Hans Eric