Need some help please.

Webmaster of rcrrich.com webmaster at rcrrich.com
Tue Oct 28 18:23:20 EST 2003

Hi,

            I have a little problem and I am trying hard to understand but
it is very hard when you get to my age and truly when things change so fast
it just keeps getting harder to keep up but I am trying. What I need to do
is by using a ssh shell to my server redhat 7.3 and running rsync to do a
full back up mirror of the hard drive OS and all. The drive has some bad
sectors and the company that I lease the server from for about 3 weeks now
says I have to pay for them to move everything to the new drive. So what
again I am trying to do is use rsync and put everything on the slave drive
and then shut down the server then have them switch the cables on the
drives, move the jumps for master with slave as I will replace the bad one
with a good one and boot to a working server that I had before the bad
sectors and not loose anything. Is this possible and if it is can you give
me a command line or script to do this.

rsync *.* --system --boot /dev/slave

Richard C Rossy

6721 Kingsmoor Way