simple compile

Tom Holton holton at mbi.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 28 11:08:35 EST 2003

Hi, thanks for the reply. I apologize for not having a clearer question.
I did know that EAI_MAX was in lib/addrinfo.h
I have been able to produce an executable by simply copying 4 lines from
lib/addrinfo.h into lib/getaddrinfo.c
#define EAI_BADHINTS    12
#define EAI_PROTOCOL    13
#define EAI_MAX         14
#define AI_MASK         (AI_PASSIVE | AI_CANONNAME | AI_NUMERICHOST)

but I am guessing that this is not the preferred solution.

I am assuming linux compilers or gcc do not get this problem, so
I thought it might by important to have a correction for this on oSF.

thanks for your help,