Need to rename file copied using rSync from NT to Solaris

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Thu Oct 16 04:27:29 EST 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 01:01:21PM -0400, Joshi, A (Anant) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to copy a file from NT to Solaris using rSync.
>
> There is a job running on Solaris looking for this file.
> So we want to copy the file with different name and
> then rename it to what the job is looking for.
> (Don't want the job to pickup incomplete file)
>
> How can this be done with rSync?

By using it.  Rsync works that way already.

And do something about that sig.  It is way to long and for
a message posted in a public forum has no applicability.
Further its format is in violation of not only RFCs with
regards to line length but may even violate SMTP standards
for text.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt