rsync behind a NAT

Olivier Kaloudoff kalou at kalou.net
Thu Oct 2 22:12:22 EST 2003

Hi all,

	I'm trying to synchronise a whole directory
tree using rsync, from a server named "dev", to the
three servers named "w1, w2, w3", hidden behind the
server named "prod".

	So I issued the following command, which
failed:

dev:~# rsync -avz -e 'ssh prod ssh w2' /users/prod/ root at prod:/home/
bash: prod: command not found
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

	Are there any things that I'm missing ?
the command 'ssh prod ssh w2' is not interpreted as a command,
maybe I misunderstood the behavior of the -e option, or
is it behaving badly ?

	Any help would be appreciated.

Olivier Kaloudoff