Using rsync to mirror FTP servers

fred pasteck fred_pasteck at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 11:10:02 EST 2003

Hi,

I have two different FTP servers that I'd like to
always have the same content. The problem is that
there isn't one "primary" server that can push or pull
the content from other server -- they both always have
to have the same content and files can be added or
deleted from either.

Is there a way to use rsync to determine whether a
file on one server should be added to the remote, or
deleted from the local?

Maybe there's another application that can manage
something like this?

I'm thinking this is probably something for "find
-newer" and managing a list of files and comparing
them on each side before deleting/adding?

Thanks,
Fred