how rsync works

Terry tech at futurecourse.com
Tue Nov 25 06:56:39 EST 2003

On Monday, November 24, 2003 at 7:04 PM, jw wrote:

<snipped>

> The intent was to, if there is interest, get feedback to
> polish the document for placement on the web site.  Or to
> let someone who is perhaps a better writer take it over.
> Not to self-publish the thing.  Perhaps i had to high of
> expectations but i expected at least one or two would say
> something, even if it was just "yuck" or "its a start"
> before knowledge of it subsided into archives.

> I'll put it back up if i hear more than just a whimper.

I just joined the list and I, for one, would be very interested in
reading the document and giving you feedback. I think such a document
would be very useful. I've spent the last couple of days reading all
things rsync on the Internet, and I still have questions that would,
most likely, be answered by such a document.  So please consider this
as more than just a whimper.

--
Terry