rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(620)

rsync at tanamy.com rsync at tanamy.com
Sun Nov 23 09:44:54 EST 2003

I am using rsync to backup Maildir directories. Since it is very active,
some files are deleted (and some are added as new mail arrive) from the
time that the list of files are collected and the time of the actual
operation.

I have check the mailing list archive and I did not see a clear answer to
the following quetsions:

A) Does the process complete the transfer of subsequent files? To be more
clear, if there are are list of files that are collected in the begining
of the process, file1, file2 and file3 and then file2 is deleted from the
source and the transfer starts, does file1 and file3 are transfered
despited the error? (if this is the case, the developer should have used
warning: not error)

B) Is there any specific argument/parameter to supress this message?

C) Is there any specific patch to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Ram Tanamy
Reliable, Professional eMail Hosting and Web Services
www.simplicato.com