rsync 2.5.6 hanging

Zachary Denison zacharydenison at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 05:41:38 EST 2003

I am using rsync 2.5.6 on redhat linux 6.1 with 1gb
ram.  What I would like to do is mirror a directory on
the server to another server for backup purposes.  The
server is an ftp server and the main directory in
question is 77GB consisting of 391000 subdirectories
and files.  when I run rsync with the following
command:

/usr/bin/rsync -av --rsh=ssh --stats --progress
--rsync-path=/usr/bin/rsync --delete --force
--exclude=logs/ /ftpfs/ 10.10.1.237:/ftpfs/

it starts to transmit some files and then gets stuck.
Actually now it is stuck on one file and every time I
run it it it "freezes" as it is transmitting the file:
 as in the example below:

      196608  22%  629.92kB/s    0:00:01

then it just hangs..

I have 1gb of ram in the machine so it shouldn't be a
lack of memory issue.  I would greatly appreciate any
ideas.  thank you..

Zach.