Smoother bandwidth limiting

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Mon Nov 10 10:39:12 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 03:29, Jason Philbrook wrote:
> I too like --bwlimit. It's not perfect, but it's so easy to adjust
> backup/restore speed in the backup program. We use rsync primarily for
> offsite backups, so it's great for planning bandwidth use over limited
> capacity links. For normal every day use, a slow speed is fine. If there's

Me too. It's useful even over the LAN. We have a spotty old 10/100M hub
that gets burnt whenever I rsynced to it from a 100M host - turning on
bwlimit was a MUCH easier fix than worrying about rate-limiting.

I'd say leave it be. If anyone has issues with it, then THEY can do
network rate-limiting :-)

Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417