workaround for HFS+'s case-insensitivity?

Daniel M. Drucker dmd at 3e.org
Fri Nov 7 07:30:50 EST 2003

>>> Short of repartitioning my hard drive and making a UFS partition, is
>>> there any workaround anyone has come across?

The workaround I'm now successfully using is creating a UFS disk image
(dmg), and mounting that as /Volumes/backup, and doing my backups to
that image.

This has a very nice side effect -- if for some reason I want to start
from scratch, I can just delete the dmg, instead of waiting hours to
rm -rf hundreds of thousands of files and their hardlinks...

Daniel Drucker / dmd at 3e.org