rsyncing Maildirs

Snorre Narum Garmann snorre at ejournal.no
Thu Nov 6 20:48:37 EST 2003

Hi

I'm trying to take a backup of all the users emails on a server using rsync,
but there is probably something about the patterns I haven't understood
quite.

Every user has a folder called Maildir in their home directory.

So the structure is like this:

/home/user1/Maildir

/home/user2/Maildir

etc.

I'm not interested in backing up the other folders that the users might
have.

The "mailbackup" share points to the /home folder so I'm trying the
following without success:

rsync -av --include "/*/Maildir/**" --exclude "*" -recursive
server::mailbackup .

This backs up nothing. Why doesn't this work? Could anyone enlighten me?

Best regards,

Snorre