workaround for HFS+'s case-insensitivity?

Martin Langhoff ml at nzl.com.ar
Wed Nov 5 17:56:36 EST 2003

Daniel M. Drucker wrote:

> Short of repartitioning my hard drive and making a UFS partition, is
> there any workaround anyone has come across?

Don't repartition, and certainly don't try MacOSX on UFS. The OS works
perfectly from a UFS partition, but the results are less than
satisfactory with third party app support: many apps won't install, and
many won't run. Ugly.

A low-risk alternative is to create a UFS disk image and mount that. You
will get case sensitivity in the mounted partition.

regards,

martin