Update included popt to version 1.7

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Sat May 17 05:44:29 EST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:36:14PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
[patches/comments elided]
> Perhaps these should be forwarded to the popt maintainer i.e. Erik Troan
> <ewt at redhat.com>, so that it can be fixed at the source? Or was that
> already done at the time these patches were made in the rsync source (as
> I should hope) ?  Of course, I've heard it mention that he often doesn't
> respond to email :-(

I recall sending him e-mail regarding some popt problems a long time ago but
never received a reply.

If we decide not to remove popt I think we should do a vendor branch import.
With Max's recipe in hand that should be pretty straightforward.

--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA