Update included popt to version 1.7

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Thu May 15 02:56:04 EST 2003

jw schultz wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 10:30:50AM -0701, Jos Backus wrote:
>> Perhaps now is a good time to commit this patch which updates the
included
>> popt to version 1.7.  This has been tested on FreeBSD and Solaris.
>>
>>     http://www.catnook.com/patches/rsync-popt-1.7.diff
>>
>> Comments?
>
> I think you have the assent of the developers to do so.

What was the final decision on whether to use a CVS vendor branch?
(Main advantages:
Don't need to go find an unmodified tarball to diff against to locate
rsync-specific changes.
Don't need to get the previous version's tarball to diff against the new
version to generate the upaadte patch.)

Also, popt/README.rsync should probably not say "This is a perfectly
ordinary copy of libpopt.", as it has been both cut-down and tweaked.

Max.