MD4 bug-fix for protocol version 27

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu May 8 10:32:07 EST 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 03:56:32PM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
> 2. If so, do we bump to protocol 28?  It has been a month
>    since protocol 27.

I also consider the one protocol bump (from 26 to 27) to be good enough
for everything that has or will get put into the next release, including
any fine-tuning of the revised MD4 algorithm that we need to do.  Yes,
this will mean that current testers will have to be careful to upgrade
all their CVS-build rsync binaries at the same time in order to avoid
any protocol-27 incompatibilities...