Update included popt to version 1.7

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Sun May 4 12:54:04 EST 2003

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 07:18:07PM -0700, Jos Backus wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 01:00:15AM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
> > Files detach from the vendor branch automatically. There shouldn't be
> > anything to complain *about*. Can you point to a revelant post?
>
> See
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/x1185.html#Q10.1.
>
> But I'm not CVS-savvy enough to determine if these issues apply to us.

Those issues apply whether you use CVS or any other system.

The keys to dealing with foreign sources is.

	Don't make cosmetic changes.

	Forward patches to the owner of the foreign source.

	Make it easy to identify all local patches.

	Don't trust automatic merges for any except the
	simplest changes.

If you can do a simple
	cvs diff -u -r popt-1_7 -D now >diffs
to identify the changes since last syncup you are ahead of
the game.  Having a symbolic tag or such on a baseline
can make all the difference.  Importing the vendor branch
would appear to tag the files by default.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt