--exclude-from works but "exclude from" in rsyncd.conf doesn't ?

Sam Sexton Sam.Sexton at reuters.com
Thu May 1 19:15:47 EST 2003

I'm setting rsync up for the first time and would prefer to have the
exclude file defined in the conf file, but the exclusions aren't
honoured when I define the parameter in rsyncd.conf - although they are
when I specify the file in an argument. The server is the remote system
and both rsyncd.conf and the exclude file are the same on both local and
remote systems. I'm attaching the test script and the conf file - am I
doing something wrong? I haven't verified that all the exclusions and
inclusions are correct - I may well have to adjust those, but this
report is based on the recognition of the kellym, projects and TT_DB
exclusion.

BTW, let me assure you that the "exclude from" line in rsyncd.conf WAS
decommented when I was doing the testing!

TIA,

/Sam

Sam Sexton <mailto:sam.sexton at reuters.com>

Reuters Coventry