Modified --files-from patch

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Mon Mar 31 10:30:34 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 04:20:18PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 03:53:15PM -0800, jw schultz wrote:
> > What i had meant by the from0 was that each of the --*from options
> > would have a from0 counterpart so that null terminated lists and
> > newline terminated lists could co-exist.
>
> Yeah, I understood that.  I didn't think it was necessary and didn't
> like all the extra options, so I left it as an "affects everything"
> line-ending setting (though I do think the new name, --from0, is better
> than the original "--null", since I think it's a little clearer what it
> does).

I saw it as variants of three existing options rather than
three new options but i don't think it will make much
difference.

My knowledge of popt is nearly null but i have
to ask is there positional dependency?
is
	rsync --from0 --files-from=-
the same as
	rsync --files-from=- --from0
?  If not that should be at least noted in the manpage.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt