Logging on the rsync server from a client connect

Susan Ator SAtor at npr.org
Wed Mar 26 09:16:29 EST 2003

Please forgive me for the really dumb question following. I am a complete
newbie to rsync.

I have been trying to set up an rsync server and am unable to get any
logging.
I need to know if the following is possible.

I'm rsyncing from the client and connecting with ssh to an rsync server.
I can connect just fine and the files go with no problem.

I'm going from a
	RedHat 7.3 with rsync version 2.4.6  protocol version 24
to a
	RedHat 7.3 rsync  version 2.5.4  protocol version 26

This is the command I am running from the client server (padlock is the
rsync server):

rsync -vvaz -e ssh /usr/local/cvsroot/ padlock:"/usr/local/cvsroot"

Should I get rsync logs on padlock?

A 'yes' or 'no' will do. If it's 'yes' then it's something dumb on my end
and I will do some more digging.

Oh, yes, I have RTFM and STFW. I think my head is going to explode.

susan