Need Help.

derix suartyo dak_keruan at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 17:40:31 EST 2003

Dear Expert,

I'm very newbie with rsync and i just installed RSYNC
in both of my servers. Let say the server is ServerA
(10.1.1.1) and ServerB (10.1.1.2). Rsync daemon runs
in server A. The rsycnd.conf is like this (i save this
file in /etc/rsyncd.conf):

uid             = rsync
gid             = rsync
use chroot      = no
max connections = 4
syslog facility = local5
auth users      = root
secrets file    = /etc/rsyncd.secrets
pid file        = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
[derix]
        path    = /home/derix
        comment = testing rsync

and my secret file is like this:
root:abc123

I checked the process by typing ps -ef | grep rsync
and the result is like this:
root      5487     1  0 13:05 ?        00:00:00 rsync
--daemon

When i try to download the data from ServerA to
ServerB,the password prompt occured. I use this
command:
rsync -a -e ssh root at 10.1.1.1:/home/derix
/home/derix/dat/

My question is, how do i download the file
automatically without entering the password? Something
wrong with the configuration?
Please give me some advise.
Thank You.

best regards,