CYGWIN Rsync exclude/include problem
Mike.Lavender at back-it-up.com
Sat Mar 22 04:22:15 EST 2003
I'm having troubles with getting rsync 2.5.5 (CYGWIN version) to include/exclude files they way I expect it to. I have mulled over the list postings and man pages regarding this and I am either missing something or ... well I don' know.
I have a drive with 12 folders in the root however, I only want to rsync 5 of them (the ones marked with an *) and in those 4 I want to exclude certain folders and file patterns. The Root looks like this:
/Documents and Settings *
Using the following command line and includes.txt file I still get the Backup, Copied DVD etc folders. If I add a global * or /* then nothing gets rsynced. I have "commented" the include file to explain my logic. Any advice would be great!
Thanks in advance.
rsync -avvvzl --stats --delete --delete-excluded --exclude-from=c:\rsync\includes.txt /cygdrive/c/ mike at puk::LaptopBackup
+ /Databases/ #Include /Databases & subfolders
+ /Documents and Settings/ #Include /Documents and Settings & subfolders
- /Documents and Settings/NetworkService/ #Exclude /NetworkService subfolders
- /Documents and Settings/LocalService/ #Exclude /LocalService subfolders
- /Documents and Settings/All Users/ #Exclude /All Users subfolders
- /Documents and Settings/Default Users/ #Exclude /Default Users subfolders
+ /Inetpub/ #Include /Inetpub & subfolders
+ /Inetpub/wwwroot/ #Include /Inetpub/wwwroot & subfolders
- /Inetpub/* #Exclude /files and other folders?? in Inetpub
+ /Plus11/Old*/ #Include folders that start with Old
- *.tmp #Exclude all *.tmp files
- Temp/ #Exclude all Temp folders
- UserData/ #Exclude all UserData folders
- Temporary Internet Files/
- /* #exclude not specifically included files * folders in the root.
More information about the rsync