cron'ing rsync

Jesse Burkhardt jesse at skybuilders.com
Tue Mar 18 10:28:26 EST 2003

My setup is: I run rsync daemonized on various server machines in my LAN
- i.e., the source machines certain partitions of which I want to
backup. I would like the client, destination archiving machine to run
hourly crons over SSH, but so far the only thing I have been able to do
is rsync across (as root so that I am not denied anything) only after
interactively supplying my root password to the SSH daemon. How do I get
around interactive SSH interactive password requirement so that I can
cron all these rsync client requests regularly?

Thanks.

--

Jesse Burkhardt
jesse at skybuilders.com  (w) 617-876-5680