exclude an entire dir from syncing ?? (take two)

zenn zenn at optushome.com.au
Fri Mar 14 01:09:58 EST 2003

ok, I can't remember who posted the answer to my question, you know who you
are, many thanks...
the answer is, the exclude options are relative to the dir being sync'ed

rsync -avz ssh -e --exclude=videos /home/user/files/blah
user at remote.host.com:/home/user/files/

so the above will sync everything in "home/user/files/blah " except the
videos dir

cheers
-z

: hi again, not meaning to keep asking the same question, but, just
wondering
: how i can achieve the desired effect as outlined below, any suggestions
: welcome...
:
: yes, i did try the "exclude" switch.
: example..
:
:
:
:
:
: : hi all...
: :
: : is it possible to exclude an entire dir from syncing (to remote dir) if
: the
: : dir is in the sync path?
: :
: : regards
: : -z
: :
: : "The missing link between animals and the real human being is most
likely
: ourselves."
: : Austrian professor of biology and Nobel laureate (1973),  Konrad Lorenz
: :
:
: --
: To unsubscribe or change options: