rsync and timestamps of local files

Haisam K. Ido haisam at ido.org
Sun Mar 9 06:06:34 EST 2003

bob parker wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 05:45, Haisam K. Ido wrote:
>
>>thanks Bob.
>>
>>The timestamp relative to the local first prior to any remote diffing.  Is
>>that what you meant?
>>

> I think so. It compares the size and timestamp of your local file with the
> remote one of the same name of course. If it all matches nothing is done
> unless you force it.

If it does that then it is not doing what I'm asking about.

I need to know if it checks the local files relative to a local log file that it
keeps of previous rsyncings. If it finds differences between the local file and the
log file content will it then and only them perform a diff with the remote file with
the same name?