[2.5.6] File table overflow

jp at pour.midcoast.com jp at pour.midcoast.com
Sat Mar 1 04:41:59 EST 2003

I've seen this happen if you are backing up something while files are
being very volatile. E.G. If you backup / and exclude nothing, and after
the file list is built and before you backup certain files in a busy queue
under /var/spool/postfix/, those files could be gone before your backup
gets around to them. Then you'll get a code 23 message saying some files
could not be transferred.  In this case, exclude /var/spool/postfix from
your backup and you'll be fine.

-Jason