Cygwin Rsync 2.5.6 over SSH hangs on Win2k->Win2k

Tillman, James JamesTillman at fdle.state.fl.us
Mon Jun 30 21:28:03 EST 2003

Last week, I sent this msg:

> The sleep(1) mod didn't work for me. I had a hung process within an hour
> (processes run every 5 minutes). I'm going to try applying Anthony
Heading's
> patch, which was posted earlier this morning (Subject: PATCH/RFC: Another
> stab at the Cygwin hang problem) to see if it works for me. I've got
nothing
> to lose at this point!

I just wanted to say that Anthony's patch worked perfectly for me (so far)
and my current crisis is averted.  I'm closely watching the running system.
want to thank everyone who provided assistance.

This is yet another example I can use to point out the benefits of open
source
software to any stalwarts in my organization.  I received real help with my
problem in less than 6 hours after my original email, and I had rsync
recompiled
and deployed less than an hour after I decided to use Anthony's patch.
Thanks
so much.

jpt