--exclude-from works but "exclude from" in rsyncd.conf doesn't ?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jun 27 05:51:03 EST 2003

I'm finally getting back to finishing up the testing for my patch of the
"exclude from" handling.  The main thing I had on my list was checking
that --delete-excluded worked right, prompted by your comments:

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 05:22:45PM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
> As your patch stands now delete_excluded would cause the
> server_exclude_list to be ignored.  This should just require
> a bit of shuffling in check_exclude_file().

Good catch!  I've fixed this, and now sending files to the server with
the --delete-excluded enabled no longer causes these server-excluded
files to vanish.

> Seems to me that the f argument to check_exclude_file() could
> be combined with delete_excluded by the caller saving an
> extern and further generalising this function.

Sounds good.  I've also improved the args to make_file().  Here's the
latest patch:

    http://www.blorf.net/rsync-daemon-exclude.patch

I think this one is ready to be committed.  If anyone disagrees, let me
know.