authentication

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Thu Jun 26 22:50:00 EST 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 03:03:46PM +0200, Julien VARLET wrote:
> I have some problems while authentication.
>
> I created RSA keys and placed the public key on the remote host.
>
> With the user toto, I have the following command line :
> rsync --arvz --rsh=ssh Nouveaudossier
> essai_ftp at 192.168.1.4:/home/essai_ftp/test/
> <mailto:essai_ftp at 192.168.1.4:/home/essai_ftp/test/>
> but it tells the password of essai_ftp.
>
> So I added this :
> --password-file=password.txt
>
> but it does not change anything.
>

> I would like not to give password.

Per the rsync manpage regarding --password-file:
	this  option  is only useful when accessing a rsync
	server using the built in transport, not when using
	a  remote shell as the transport.

That is an ssh issue.  When you can run something like
	ssh Nouveaudossier ls
and get a directory listing then rsync should work using ssh.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt