plain source -> encrypted destination: rsync + gpg

Martin Langhoff ml at nzl.com.ar
Thu Jun 26 20:42:35 EST 2003

jw schultz wrote:
> Stop thinking client and server.  Once the session is
> initiated there is little difference.  Think instead sender
> and receiver.

Good advise. Have to rephrase myself, then ;)

As I read the patch, it seems to be running an arbitrary command on the
receiver.

I am thinking of running an arbitrary command on the server, when it is
preparing itself to open the file and start feeding data to the receiver
(to the socket, should I say?).

Am I on the right track? Help/advise? Is it doable at all?

martin