patch draft for extended attributes on linux

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Jun 25 11:23:27 EST 2003

On 24 Jun 2003, jw schultz <jw at pegasys.ws> wrote:

> I don't much care for sending the xattrs as part of the file list.
> Even the 4KB ext[23] _currently_ limit it to is huge.

I would have preferred to do it doing the regular transfer, rather
than in the file list, but that seemed to make it a bit harder to
ensure that the attributes were always applied even if the file was
not otherwise modified, or if it were a symlink, etc.

> Nevertheless i do think it worth having something in
> patches.

Yes, if I can get this working I think the best place for it to end up
is as an unofficial patch.

--
Martin