Status of --files-from flag

Gregory Brauer greg at wildbrain.com
Wed Jun 25 10:04:25 EST 2003

I noticed some discussion from a while back of adding a
--files-from flag to rsync that would allow an explicit
file list to be fed to rsync as to what files it should
check.  What is the status of that discussion?

If I try to specifiy a file list with --include-from
that is about 100,000 files long, the execution time
goes up to about 20 minutes or more, compared with a
couple of seconds to just let rsync do all of the files.
(In both tests, the target is already completely
up-to-date).

Is there any way to do this more quickly?

Thanks.

Greg Brauer
greg at wildbrain.com