need assistance with rsync keeping two live servers synced.

Justin Kreger jkreger at lwolenczak.net
Mon Jun 9 16:14:01 EST 2003

I have a project that requires that I have two file servers physically
separated, both of which need to be able to written to and synced using
rsync.  I'm not worried about rsync, I'm really worried about users
deleting files, because if they delete files on one side, they would
just get replicated back from the other side.  I have thought about
hacking up a script that logs into the remote box and blows away the
same file on the other side, but most access to these boxes will be
through samba.  I guess I could run rsync with --delete, but I fear that
would only work about half the time.... any suggestions/ideas?