Rsync not connecting

Bhattacharyya, Somraj 02008937 at napier.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 22:08:30 EST 2003

Hi All
I am using the following command to update data from one server to another
one. But it is
returning back with error.

Without SSH:
[root at pc165017 var]# rsync -ae /var/www pc165002.napier.ac.uk:/var/www
Failed to exec /var/www : Permission denied
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at util.c(162)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

With SSH:
[root at pc165017 var]# rsync -ae ssh/var/www pc165002.napier.ac.uk:/var/www
Failed to exec ssh/var/www : No such file or directory
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at util.c(162)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

For with SSH option, I have the specified directory.

Can anyone please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Somraj