Mirroring OS X folders with Rsync

Dimitri Larmuseau dimitri.larmuseau at demorgen.be
Thu Jul 31 18:05:33 EST 2003

we are using rsync version 2.5.5 protocol version 2.6 that provides
support for hfs,  see options below :

-- nohfs        receive fileset from non-HFS+ filesystem
-- ufs2hfs     send non-HFS+ filest to HFS+ filesystem

if i'm not mistaking, it comes standard with OSX 10.2.6 or you can
download RsyncX 1.7d for OSX, the hfs supported version is included in
the package.
it works perfectly for us in a test environment with 40G of living data,
(have not tested it in a production environment, will do shortly)

kind regards,
Dimitri.

--
Dimitri Larmuseau
systems administrator

De Morgen
Arduinkaai 29
1000 BRUSSEL
T : +32 2 5566 827
F : +32 2 5566 949

--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.
                -- Leonard Brandwein