rsync to do a diff b/n src and dst.

Siddhartha Mulpuru smulpuru at tripos.com
Fri Jul 25 03:34:58 EST 2003

Hi All,
    I am very new to rsync and i wanted to use it to be able to do a diff.
between source and destination directories. It should basically compare
destination files with source and also recurse through all the files in the
subdirectories. I do not intend to use this to copy files as i already have
tested script which does this. But if the option to compare is availaible
only during copying then i would like to know about it.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sid