rsync configuration

James H Campbell jhcampbell at fs.fed.us
Wed Jul 23 04:23:42 EST 2003

Hello,

Here on our site we have installed rsync on two servers.  Our objective is
to back up on of the severs by sending it over to the server with the tapes

my question is:   we are using ssh through rsh and we are trying to 'pass'
the password though the rsyncd.conf secret file because the password=
option does not work with rsh.  So.. when entering the command even when we
specify the --config=path we still have to manually type in the password.

we would like to put it in cron so it can be automated

Thank you in advance

James