cygwin rsync hang under Windows Terminal Services session

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Wed Jul 16 17:06:50 EST 2003

Alan Adams (DSLWN) wrote:
> Hi, though the list would be interested to know an issue we have just come
> across.
>
> We have found that rsync version 2.5.6 over ssh within a cygwin
environment
> run manually from either a command prompt or a cygwin prompt hangs every
> time if we run it in a Windows Terminal Server session. It doesn't seem to
> matter what the remote server is as we have experienced this when the
remote
> server is Win2K running cygwin and a native Linux. But it doesn't hang
when
> we run it from the Windows console or in a VNC session or via an ssh
> terminal session. I assume this means the terminal environment set up by a
> WTS session is somehow different and either cygwin or ssh or rsync is not
> handling it. The environment we have tested this in is as follows;
>
> Client
> - Win2K SP2 and SP3
> - cygserver (cygwin) 1.5, API version 1.3.22(0.78/3/1)-(1.0.0.2)
2003-03-18
> 09:20, Compiled on Mar 18 2003 (output from cygserver -v)

Care! Using cygserver like this is inappropriate. Cygserver is a
still-under-early-development very specific tool to provide additional
functionality to Cygwin. It is actually no longer installed by default under
current dev builds of 1.5.

The *correct* way to obtain cygwin1.dll version information is "uname -rv".

Max.