rsync server and --delete option

Xavier xavier at www.microbsoft.com
Fri Jul 4 00:23:08 EST 2003

Hello,

Here is my problem:

A rsync daemon is started on serverA with the root user.

Now if I try to sync serverA to serverB :

rsync -nPru --delete serverA::test/temp/ /temp/

the behavior is just perfect and everything goes well.

Now if I try to switch the server :

rsync -nPru --delete /temp/* serverA::wwwroot/temp/

the delete option is not working (the files that are not on the sending server
are not deleted) and I get no error messages, even with -vvv or when I set
--ignore-errors --force options...

Is this supposed to work at all ? Is it may be a permission problem ?

Thanks,

Xavier