Rsync sharing connections

Luis Gustavo Perez luis.perez at edb.ericsson.se
Thu Jul 3 05:39:28 EST 2003

Hi !

I am running rsync between two server machines where files are being
created and removed from both machines simultaneously and I am facing
the following problem :

When a new file is created on machine 1 it is transferred to machine 2
without any problem, the same happens if a file is deleted from machine
1. But if  a new file is created on machine 2, it is deleted from that
machine before being copied to machine 1.

On time: The machines are sharing connections, they are not master and
slave. I am running a script each 5 seconds executing
rsync  --verbose  --recursive --delete ...

Does anybody have an idea how to solve that ?

Thanks in advance,

Luis.