PATCH/RFC: Another stab at the Cygwin hang problem

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Tue Jul 1 10:49:45 EST 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:12:29PM +0900, Anthony Heading wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:54:22AM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
> > Could you regenerate the patch with diff -u please?
>
> Okay, sure.  This one against current CVS.

Thanks that helps in examining it.

I can't quite place why but my instincts inform me that you
have latched onto something.  Some sort of one character
buffering error in the io libraries under cygwin.  Most
likely in the windos libs.

Well, we have two reports of this fixing the rsync hang
problem when signals failed.  I'd like a little more testing
before mainlining it.