need help

Patrick Amirian pamirian at calculus.ca
Fri Jan 31 04:18:45 EST 2003

p1r:/special/test #rsync --stats --progress --partial --timeout=60
-atnvvvz pamirian at rsp1l::AGBEA /special/te>
opening tcp connection to rsp1l port 873
---------------------
this is the motd file
---------------------

Password:
receiving file list ...
push_dir .: Permission denied (3)
rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at
main.c(317)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (136 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=150): about to call exit(12)

this is the error message I'm getting when I'm trying to use rsync.

In the AGBEA directory all my files are directories, can this cause the
problem?

Ideas? Suggestions? I'm running the command as root.

Thanks.