Incremental transfers: how to tell?

James Kilton kilton9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 08:33:55 EST 2003

To follow up on this... I found the --stats option and
here's what I'm getting:

Number of files: 36
Number of files transferred: 36
Total file size: 10200816 bytes
Total transferred file size: 10200816 bytes
Literal data: 10200816 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 576
Total bytes written: 10203996
Total bytes read: 596

So, I don't know why no parts of the files are
matching.  The files are the same save for 1 or 2
values changing every 5 minutes.  I don't know if
anyone here is familiar with RRD files, but they're
database files commonly used for SNMP data collection.
 All the fields are created initially so the file size
never changes -- the fields are populated as time goes
on.

Is RSync unable to do incremental transfers of
non-text files?