Rsync checksums

Niko Nyman niko at nnyman.com
Tue Jan 28 23:30:50 EST 2003

Hi,

This is a newbie type'o'question so I'm most probably talking about
something I know nothing about ;)

Would it be possible to archive files on a removable drive, save the
checksums for the archived files, and later compare existing files against
the saved checksums without plugging in the removable drive?  I imagine in
theory this would allow for an easy incremental-backup-to-CD application
based on rsync to be written for OS X -- would be useful as there seems to
be no good backup software based on non-proprietary formats.

Niko
niko at nnyman.com