Please test rsync-2.5.6pre2
dwd at drdykstra.us
Tue Jan 21 04:21:00 EST 2003
The second rsync-2.5.6 pre-release version is now available at:
There's also a corresponding '.sig' file that contains a gpg signature
of the file; the public key is available on the pgp keyservers.
This is a release candidate. If no-one reports an urgent fixes within
the next few days, it will probably become version 2.5.6.
Known issues that will probably not get resolved before the release
unless a volunteer provides a solution:
1. The NetBSD i386 port is failing the chgrp test. See build output
2. I just noticed that the cygwin chgrp test has timestamps off by
two seconds. Maybe --modify-window is supposed to be 1?
Changes since 2.5.5pre1:
* Set the default value of --modify-window to 2 on Cygwin. (Max Bowsher)
* Ignore errors from chmod when -p/-a/--preserve-perms is not set.
* Fixed the file-name duplicate-removal code when dealing with multiple
dups in a row. (Wayne Davison)
* Fixed bug in --copy-unsafe-links that caused it to be completely
broken. (Dave Dykstra)
* Prevent infinite recursion in cleanup code under certain circumstances.
* Fixed a bug that prevented rsync from creating intervening directories
when --relative-paths/-R is set. (Craig Barratt)
* Portability fixes. (Dave Dykstra and Wayne Davison)
- Dave Dykstra
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 232 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20030121/bc823f70/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync