Finished storage compression patch for rsync

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Sat Jan 18 21:49:00 EST 2003

Harald,

You might consider using zlib instead of gzip; same algorithm, same author,
but you can access the compression code via a subroutine interface. You
would not have to spawn another process to run gzip, and you would not be
dependent upon the user having gzip installed.

It is not covered by the GPL but I believe that its license is compatible
with the GPL. However, I'd welcome a second opinion on that.

See http://www.gzip.org/zlib/

PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Computer, Inc.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.