.rsync-/.rsync+ patch and --link-dest example

John Bowman bowman at math.ualberta.ca
Thu Jan 16 07:11:00 EST 2003

>> This patch also adds an example for using --link-dest to the man page:
>
>     I don't know if that is needed.  Lacking context the example
>     has minimal meaning and compare-dest doesn't have an example

A more complete context is available here:

http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/rlbackup/

rlbackup is a simple yet secure backup mechanism for generating linked
backups over the network, with historical pruning, thanks to rsync and your
very useful --link-dest option.

-- John Bowman

Associate Professor
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6G 2G1

Office: CAB 521