specifying a list of files to transfer

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Tue Jan 14 21:45:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 03:32:41PM -0600, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> I haven't looked at the implementation, but comments on the user
> interface:
>     1. Yes it should take a filename or - as a parameter.
>     2. I don't like the idea of skipping the SRC spec.  Paths should be
> 	relative to the SRC.  If somebody wants to use full paths they
> 	can always have a SRC of "/".
>     3. It should be called --files-from.
>     4. --send-dirs and --no-implicit-dirs shouldn't be separate options,
> 	they should be automatically turned on with the --files-from option.

Those comments all sound reasonable to me.  The only reason I broke
out the --send-dirs and --no-implicit-dirs options was because they
were orthogonal to what I was doing and could potentially also apply
to situations where the user was specifing various SRC filenames
on the command line.  But it's certainly fine to have --files-from turn
those on automatically.

-Andy