Win2k, rsync, and ssh on cygwin

Greger Cronquist greger_cronquist at yahoo.se
Tue Jan 14 08:51:01 EST 2003

Does the actual transfer work, apart from taking a lot
of time?

If so, then the behavior is normal for rsync. What
happens is that rsync sends a lot of small packets
containing checksums, which is very expensive on
cygwin/windows. If you want, I can send you patched
sources (from Craig Barratt originally) and a
precompiled binary for cygwin that is much faster on
windows. Hopefully these patches will migrate to the
next rsync or cygwin release.

Regards, Greger

 --- Sarah Barwig <sarah at ofb.net> skrev: > Hi,