am I missing something, or are permissions always preserved?

Ben bench at tukati.com
Mon Jan 13 19:04:18 EST 2003

Well that's annoying. I've tried changing the encoding of this
attempt... maybe it'll get through this time.

As a rule of thumb, I think silent errors a very bad idea. It means
things might not be behaving like you expect, but you have no idea. In
general, rsync's current behavior is correct. In my case niche case, it
doesn't work. I think the proper solution is to change rsync's behavior,
not reduce the errors it produces.

If it comes through, take a look at the patch. I think I did a decent
job of updating the docs so that purpose of the new flag is clear.